Saturday, October 13

I have to share a story....

It's about our dog that we used to have, his name is Brady and this is him:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He's cute huh? We thought so:o) Andrew and I got him when we were dating, and I just moved into my own place, and really did not like staying by myself. So we looked in the paper......"Puppies for sale; will be medium sized dogs" ok, so I called about them and got directions.
We got there and was greeted by three puppies, but one stayed up on the deck, he didn't want to go down the stairs....but when I saw him, I knew I just had to have him....it was his one white paw that got me:o)
So that's how we got Brady, oh and he's a border collie lab mix. He was mostly border collie. So he was a very hyper puppy.
But when we had Madison, we saw that it was not fair to him. I didn't have the time to play with him, and border collies need alot of attention and things to do or they will start to get into trouble. So we gave him away. And this is the beginning of the story I wanted to tell you...
The lady that took Brady had another border collie. We knew it was a good match, because the lady didn't have any children and she treated her dog like a kid, took them every where. So the other day Andrew goes to get his hair cut. The lady just happens to be the one that has Brady. Andrew asked about him and this is what she said:
"Oh he is just doing great, I love him soo much and so does my other dog. In fact I think Brady saved her life! She was not doing to well, getting sick and fat and not really happy. Then when we got Brady, she was just soo happy to have a friend and now she's doing better then ever!" This lady always brings the dogs to her shop, but not Brady because "he's just too happy and loves people so much that he wants to be in their laps"...so he has not really changed, he still thinks he's a lap dog, but he's far from it.:o)
So that's my story, it made me smile and happy knowing that we gave him to someone who will give him a great forever home.


Ciao.

1 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute story.