Friday, November 2

How could I forget?!

How was every one's halloween? I totally forgot to share my experience with going out trick or treating with a toddler and a baby! Ha!
Well, my friend was visiting from out of town(her family lives here) and we went trick or treating together....her son is Madison's boyfriend:o) No really, her son is about 6months older then Madison and her daughter is four months younger then Nolan.
So we met up, and went out. Both babies fell asleep in their warm costumes,(her baby was a banana and her son was a monkey...how cute is that?)oh and we took my sister with us so that we could have an extra pair of hands(thank you Shar-par!).
Ok, now the fun part....her son liked the idea of getting candy, but didn't like the idea of strangers giving it to him, so her broke down every time someone opened their door. And Miss Madison, she thought that going up to a door meant that you go in....and when I would not let her, she broke down too.
We gave up after four houses....
And it was funny because people saw two toddlers crying coming from a house and they thought that house was out of candy....so they just walked by......
Awww, yes, it was fun.
We took Madison to my parents house, and took off her costume, then she was fine. And she wanted to meet and greet all the trick or treaters that came by. When she heard the knock, she would run to the door, say "hi" to everyone, talk in gibberish and then say "bye" and close the door.....if I would have know she would have been happy doing that, we would have just done that all night.
Oh and yeah, I'm one of those bad parents that give my kids candy;o) Nolan had his first sucker and didn't want to let it go, and Madison, being cute and all, got alittle more candy then I would have liked giving her. And she was up untill 1:30 in the morning!!! Ugh...
So I hope your halloween was good:o)
And I have some pics to share, but I'm a little too lazy right now to upload them....so maybe later?


Ciao.

2 people had something to say:

M said...

Dude Liam sat in the stroller with his sister's pink blanket all night.

We did it for MY fat ass. And Josh's too. Certainly not our kids. ;)

And Lily had her first sucker(s!) on Halloween! One after her ear piercing and another after we trick or treated. I thought she was going to kill me when I took it away!

I'm so glad Liam refuses to eat at times like this. I even tried to let him have some. Oh well more for mama! :)

And hell yeah pics later. I have to do mine too. *yawn*

Emma in Canada said...

My Sophie loves lollipops. The child's teeth will rot out of her head I am sure. But the gdigging through the treat bag is to freaking cute.

Oh, and in regards to the last post? I think going vegetarian is a great idea. Hope the month goes well for yoU!