Thursday, November 1

It's November, it's November!!

Can you believe it? What happen to the year already?
It's that time to start shopping for Christmas if you haven't already got it done, I, myself is a last minute person....so yeah, that should be fun:o)

Also....it's time to start NaBloPoMo!! And I bet you are all wondering what I'm going to write about...well, here it is.....
This month, I will be posting not only about my kids, family and so on, but also about becoming a vegetarian in a all meat eating family/household. Now before you all go crazy on me, I have done my research, because I am anemic and my family was concerned about that. I found that you can get all you need for other sources, and I'm fine with it:o)
It really has not been that big of a deal because I kinda gave up red meat awhile ago. My body had started to reject it, making me very sick to my stomach after I ate it. And I even signed a thing-of-a-ma-jig saying that I will try to go vegetarian for 30days. You can find that on this site:Go Veg
And I really have not given up dairy.....this will be the hard one, and I may not give it up at all. I just really don't like the taste of soy milk. Now chocolate soy milk, that's another story:o)
So there you have it, and I actually already started, my family thinks I'm crazy, so does Andrew, but this is what I want to do.

I have to go, I will come back later and write more about why I am doing this, but right now the kids are "calling" me:o)


Ciao.

2 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

I'll comment, Mommyca. I could NEVER give up meat, especially carne asada! Good luck!

M said...

Good luck!!! And there's certainly different levels of vegetarianism. You don't have to give up your dairy if you don't want to. Every little bit is part of the greater concept.

We use lots of meat substitutes around here (seriously. boca crumbles. GET THEM. Use them instead of ground meat for everything!)

I'm not a red meat eater at home (though occasionally my anemic body craves one but I won't cook it so it' jack in the box. lol.)

Good for you though! And what a neat topic to dive more into! I have a super great crazy friend who's totally vegan I'm sure she'd love to help you out if you can. She hasn't blogged much lately. I'm not even sure what I have her linked as. Hrm. Hername's heather. She's the bomb diggity. Ah ha. She's linked as heatherann. becuase that is her name you know. ;)