Saturday, November 10

We need some kind of routine...

with me kids. We have no set bed time, no set bath time, no set nothing. And it's driving me crazy. I mean I *love* it when they sleep in, but hate it when they stay up longer.
And as a stay at home mom, i should have some routine down, right?

I just don't know where to start.

I guess I have been thinking about this more because I am going back to school. Yay. I am very excited. I'm going after a bachelors in heath care management. And with that, these two kids, Buddha Man and Missy Madison, need some sort of something. You know, so that I can study, homework and all the fun stuff with going to school. That also means mommy needs to be going to bed before midnight.

So my fellow parents....what does your day look like? What works for your little one? I have until January, but like I said, I have no idea of how to start. Help me:o)


Ciao.

2 people had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Monica,
I don't think there's any science to it. You just have to come up with a set schedule and stick to it. I've read that kids actually like a set routine because it takes away some anxiety from them. We kind of sort of have a routine, but it frequently doesn't get followed. We try to have the Babito in bed by 8:00, but he doesn't always cooperate. Hopefully someone will comment with better advice than me.

M said...

Yeah for going back to school!

We dont' have much of a schedule especially now with our damn therapies here there and everywhere!

Whatever you want as a schedule just start with one!

I'm a firm believer in not scheduling my DAY because, well, we can't schedule the day. And evenings are for errands. But a generalized kids eat between 530 and 630. baths between 7 and 730. pjs, stories, cuddles, bottles, bed by 830 or something sounds easy enough.

Now putting it into PLAY is another situation entirely.

My kids sleep schedules suck. Always have. If I'm lucky they'll sleep (off and on) from 9 to 6. And no, getting them to bed earlier does no good. They just wake up earlier. That will be everyone's wise advice for better sleep. Earlier sleep. Not in this home.

I'm babbling. Just try something. Anything. Then tweek it. :) But in theory that idea above? Is my ideal situation :)